Cryptocurrency is a virtual currency that you can’t double-spend or counterfeit because it has cryptography security. This form of currency is not distributed by agencies or governments, making them immune to manipulation. Rather than going through a third party, such as a bank, cryptocurrency allows two parties to complete a safe, legitimate transfer of funds using blockchains.
Blockchains are public transaction databases to track the spending and receiving of cryptocurrency. Blockchains group information together and, once filled, they close by linking to the previous block. This technology makes transferring funds secure and eliminates the ability to double-spend or counterfeit what it’s in your wallet. Cryptocurrency requires blockchains, while blockchains have value without cryptocurrency.
Table of Contents
The first cryptocurrency was Bitcoin in 2009. Since then, people and companies have been using cryptocurrency to pay for items and hold for future profit. Based on Bitcoin’s growth, we can expect cryptocurrencies to be around for a while. Over the last few years, the value of Bitcoin has soared and is now worth well into the billions. Investing in crypto can be an excellent, though sometimes risky, way to make a hefty profit.
Types of Crypto Events
Crypto events and conferences are a way to educate the public about cryptocurrencies and allow those in attendance to connect with others in the industry.
Some types of crypto events include:
- Crypto launch party: These events offer tokens for a new cryptocurrency.
- Blockchain launch parties: These launch parties introduce new technologies for blockchains.
- Crypto events: General events gather like-minded people to discuss the effects of crypto in the world.
- Crypto conventions: Conventions highlight emerging cryptocurrencies and discuss their applications.
Planning Crypto or Blockchain Events
Blockchain conferences and other crypto events have been increasing in popularity, and there are many opportunities to spark interest and find potential sponsors. Successfully planning a blockchain or crypto event requires a few steps.
1. Use Event Management Software
Management software will help you monitor event activity. This software makes it easier to create unique plans and goals that fit your needs. Some software will help you from the beginning to the end of your event, while you can use others to perform specific tasks.
Here are some uses for event management software:
- Check in with teams
- Prioritize tasks
- Identify goals
- Locate setbacks
- Establish deadlines
Planning an event requires many moving parts, and management software helps you keep all of those parts together. Parties, seminars, conferences and launches are perfect events for utilizing event management software. If you’re unsure what software you should use or how to utilize it effectively, consider hiring a professional team for your planning and project management to ensure your event is a success.
2. Use Online Platforms
Online platforms are a great way to reach potential attendees. Getting the word out about your event will make it more likely to reach those who may be interested in going. From updating your website to reaching out to other sites, you can increase your traffic and encourage more people to attend.
These are our top tips for utilizing online platforms:
- Keyword targeting: For organic search results that could bring in interested attendees, try to use keywords that describe your company or event. Use those keywords to create engaging content that will bring in searchers.
- Link building: Connect to other crypto pages and blockchain events to see if they would include your link on their site. The more authoritative sites that link back to you, the more people will be able to find you through search engines.
- Create a robust website: To keep your visitors interested and engaged, update your website with new information and an easy-to-access navigation path. Make it clear to your visitors what event you want them to attend and what action you want them to take.
- Retarget ads: You can build your audience by retargeting your ads to appear consistently to those who visited your site but didn’t make any commitments. Doing this reinforces your business and event in their mind and makes them more likely to return.
3. Choose a Venue
The venue you decide to host your event will reflect you, your company and your event. An elaborate, elegant venue will reflect your company as detailed and refined. Of course, choosing your venue also depends on what events you plan to incorporate. If you want to hold inclusive participation workshops, have multiple speakers and allow space for open discussion among 150 people, a bigger venue with more rooms will likely be the route you want to take. This way, you can host multiple breakout events at the same time.
If you decide to host a small-scale event, you could choose a smaller location with an exciting appeal. Historical buildings or buildings with intricate rooms could be a way to spark interest in a small event. However, keep in mind that breakout events are where many ideas fly around and people make industry connections at crypto conferences and blockchain events. If you haven’t thought about utilizing these side events before, consider incorporating them.
Regardless of the location you choose, you’ll want to be sure the venue is prepared for your use. Check that it has a strong internet connection, quality sound and audio systems and adequate staffing to ensure your success.
4. Make Your Event Stand out
Blockchain events are typically more community-driven than crypto conferences, and you can use this structure to enhance your attendees’ experience. Engage your audience by offering multiple performances or speakers. Because so many other people and companies are expanding into the blockchain world, you need to provide something more interesting than everything else going on.
If you can get a founder of one of the top cryptocurrency companies or another expert in the field as your keynotes speaker, your event will gain much more attention. Celebrities also draw in a crowd of people. If you’re not sure who to have present at your event, ask attendees who they want to invite.
You could choose a controversial topic such as going green for your theme. Many people have ideas about making blockchain technology more environmentally friendly, which could be a great way to spark interest and encourage a debate. You could also theme your event around popular topics such as non-fungible tokens (NFTs) or the Metaverse since this virtual reality group has already confirmed crypto will be a part of that world.
5. Get Sponsors
Having corporate sponsors to help fund your event should be mutually beneficial. You could offer discounts for tickets sold through their platform, require giveaway contestants to like a social media post, include a booth at your event or place their logos in your promotional materials to incentivize a potential sponsor to fund your event.
Here are some tips for gaining crypto sponsors:
- Target sponsors with a similar audience to yours.
- Look for brands who have sponsored events in the past.
- Find sponsors that will reinforce your company’s values.
- Be specific and honest about your funding.
- Use data to show previous sponsors’ return on investment (ROI).
- Reach out to the company’s decision-maker directly.
The sooner you contact a potential sponsor, the more likely you will be able to find a beneficial arrangement for both parties. Make sure you leave room for negotiation and new ideas in case you need to make any changes before your event.
Hire a Professional
Treadway Events performs full-service event planning in Oregon, Washington and surrounding areas. We strive to produce the vision that’s in your head. We’ll take care of your event management and design planning and provide production services to ensure your event is successful.
We can help with your crypto launch party planning, blockchain conference and any other event you’re planning. From designing the event to creating unique sponsorship opportunities, we’ll take care of everything you need so you can focus on what matters to you. Contact Treadway Events and start planning your next event.